Friday, October 12, 2012

Ode to Prince Maggot

Ok I was really going to write an ode but I'm too tired. For real though, someone kicked Prince Maggot across the breezeway and away from my door so I guess I lost my first UNCW friend. You will be missed.

In other news, what has two thumbs and stayed out past 11pm?!!? THIS GIRL.


My friend Brittany and I went to Midnight Madness tonight which ended up being pretty fun. She works for housing (so random) so I helped her paint and glitter her residents. I don't know if I've ever seen that much glitter. We went on some trek across campus in a huge line which would have been good for me to learn directions but it was dark. They gave us Dunkin Donuts so I'm not complaining. 

The actual pep rally was... interesting. At one point the basketball teams got up with the cheerleaders and dancers and had some kind of organized dance. Everything was so chill and everyone was so involved which made it was a cool experience. Three of the players were from Alabama! If the girl from Hoover didn't look so scary I would befriend her so we could split gas. 

Last night/this morning GLS and PAR had the Hayes brothers come and talk to us. They've written screenplays like The Reaping and House of Wax and they just made The Conjuring here last year. We each got individual time with them to pitch ideas and get advice and it was really awesome. I got a lot of advice about my own screenwriting and how to develop it so I'm feeling inspired to keep working. I also spent more time with my classmates, which is good. I usually spend my time doing homework and watching my DVR. Real life. 

One thing I'm going to work on is actually learning the campus. I still get lost every single day I try to go somewhere outside my classroom area and wander until I get to where I need to be. Being observant is not really my strong suit, but I'm working on it! I also just keep parking in random places and I have no idea what the parking rules are. So I need to get that in order, as well. 

I'm so excited to watch Bama-Mizzou tomorrow! Ole Miss and the barners should be pathetically entertaining as usual. Maybe LSU and SCar will just tie at 0. 

This post is so unorganized and kind of an embarrassment to my degree but I don't care at the moment. 

RTOTA from Wilmtown. 

No comments: