Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hey you guys!

A lot has changed since my last posts! I made an A in my Spanish class and graduated from UA in August. I don't live in the igloo with my parents anymore, which is a Godsend. I started school at the University of North Carolina Wilmington in August and have been living 8 hours away from my family and friends. The GLS program has been interesting so far. I've met a lot of intriguing people from a lot of different backgrounds. Grad school has turned out to be way more intense than undergrad, which I expected, but that doesn't make it fun.

Wilmington is a really cool town. I feel like there's something here for everyone; you just have to find your niche. I've found a lot of cool book stores and thrift shops to explore. I spend the majority of my time in my apartment or on campus, though. It's been really hard to be away from my friends and family and I get homesick a lot. I'm very thankful for this opportunity, though, and I'm learning a lot about myself. I still keep in touch with the majority of my friends from home. I appreciate the ones who have reached out to check on me and my new life. It's good to talk things through with the people who know me best. Sometimes it feels like I'm in a different country, not just a different time zone, so I enjoy hearing stories from home and telling stories from here. 

Football season is killing me so far. I know it's not everything, but it's something in Bama that it's not here. The guys here watch it, but I don't understand what the girls do on Saturdays. I never fully appreciated SEC culture for what it is until I didn't have it anymore. Those of you who still have access should cherish it.  

My life is still as fictitious as ever. Some girls kiss frogs to get princes, some girls have said princes commit suicide on their doorstep. Meet Prince Maggot. I named him that because he is now filled with maggots. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a few days, but I had to eventually face the facts that he is dead. That weird spot beside him is where he actually died. I attempted to move him and found the maggots so that's where he is for now. I still haven't figured out how to move him without contaminating my stuff. 

He's as dead as any dead animal that has ever died.

Also, it rains every day here. So if anyone wants to come visit me, be prepared. Shout out to Candi who has already done so!

And all my shows are back. So if anyone wants to chat about TV, you know I'm down. I'm sure the next few posts will be about TV so I will stop now before this post gets any longer. 

No comments: