Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Linda se le perdio su mente.

Yesterday was the weirdest day we have ever had in class. I'm pretty positive Linda has been hitting some kind of meds to cope with her personal life, and I think she doubled up doses. First of all, Crazy Lillie is obsessed with notecards. She makes them for every quiz and sits there at the beginning of class like a supernerd reading them over and over. This would be normal if Linda didn't practically give us the answers. For example, Greg and I didn't study at all and made a 100 on the vocab quiz yesterday because she went over the answers before she handed us the paper. While Linda is reading directly from the quiz, Lillie is still reading those stupid notecards and passing them over to Crystal who apparently doesn't understand that Linda is telling us the answers. So then we start the quiz and Greg and I finish in like 5 minutes and are just waiting on the other two to quit being stupid. Then Lillie gets up and starts asking Linda questions about half the words on the quiz like "What does this word mean?" Well it's a quiz, idiot. So Linda calls her out. "You have all your notecards over there and you still have to come up here and ask me questions. I think you just like your exercise." Then Crystal turns her in and she has managed to screw it up (shocker) so Linda calls her out too, "Well this word is a noun so its definition is probably not a verb." "I thought this word meant happy?" "Well you matched it up with a verb that means the opposite of happy so I don't know why you would do that." This is in front of the whole class. She also tried to make us all a cup of tea from some place in the Himalayas. Thanks, we'll pass.

Then Linda starts talking about the next vocabulary quiz and says, "Was it you I was telling about the vocabulary or was it... uh... your other classmate... uh... Meredith? Did I just tell Meredith?" We just stared blankly then she just said "Oh nevermind, I'll just explain again." At this point I looked at Greg and asked "Who the hell is Meredith?" We don't have another classmate. No one named Meredith has ever been in our class.

Then she starts explaining how we would describe our brothers and sisters as older or younger and she brings up James and Jesus as an example. She goes off in lalaland again as she starts to ponder out loud, "I wonder what it was like to have Jesus as a brother. Do you think it would be strange to have a perfect brother? I think I would love it. My brother could look out for me all the time, etc." We were all looking at each other like WTF (except for Crystal of course who was mesmerized by a blank sheet of paper).

We were listening to an oral conversation later and the people were Cuban and talked faster than our usual conversations, so she made fun of them. "They're Cuban so they think they need to talk fast." Then she was reading back the conversation slower and she was mocking the way their voices sounded. So far this semester she has offended her husband, gay people and every country that speaks Spanish.

We're supposed to get out of class at 12:30 but we usually get out at like 12. At like 12:28, she picks up her cell phone, looks at the screen, and says, "I guess we can pick up here tomorrow. I'll go ahead and let y'all out 30 minutes early." We look at her weirdly and she says, "It's noon." Lillie says, "No it's 12:30 now." "Oh... well I'm just out of it today." Yeah no shit.

I'm going to include some text messages so everyone knows I am telling the God's honest truth about these people. I only have 12 more days, but it might as well be an eternity.






This one is proof of how weird Lillie is:


This is from this morning. 


No comments: