Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Maybe throw some tears at it?

This week on The Bachelor, Sean and the remaining ladies jetted out to St. Croix for some beach time after their wintertime adventures in Montana. I was really excited for this episode because Sean is down to the tough decisions since there are only six girls left: Desiree, Lesley, Catherine, AshLee, Lindsay, and Tierrable Tierra.

AshLee got the first one on one date and Sean took her on a catamaran to an island for some alone time. He asked her flat out about Tierra and AshLee ended up telling him a few watered down details about Tierra's bad behavior. (I don't think AshLee knew Tierra had just been making fun of her to the cameras this morning for being a 32 year old cougar and not being married yet.) I go back and forth about Sean and AshLee. I can tell they really like each other a lot, but I wouldn't pick her. I know she's been through more than I could understand, and I genuinely feel for her, but she honestly seems like an airhead. Maybe it's just the editing but I can't imagine having a real conversation with her. For instance, she wanted to tell Sean she loved him so she stared at him awkwardly and then yelled "I LOVE SEAN!!!" as loud as she could to the deserted island. That's just so immature to me. I would never do that. But I also don't know that I could tell someone that on national television either, so props to her for being more open with her feelings than I am. Oh, she also revealed she got married as a junior in high school and I think I speak for most people when I say, who cares?

Tierrable Tierra's one on one was next and she and Sean shopped around a marketplace and danced in the streets with some kind of parade. Her outfit was almost as tierrable as she is. I am a firm believer that shorts need seams. Tierra was putting on the biggest show I've ever seen. Sign this girl to a pilot, now. She was running and dancing through the streets with Sean in tow. She was laughing, but not in an evil way, which confused me. Then at dinner, she cried and told Sean she could sense a distance between them and that she was falling in love with him. Clearly she wanted to guilt a rose out of him.

The next two dates were pretty boring. First was the group date with Lindsay, Desiree, and Catherine. They watched the sun come up on the eastern shore of the island and took a road trip to the western shore to watch the sun set. In between they did a lot of jungly and islandy things. Sean really has a connection with all of these girls, so it was mostly just awkward for everyone to share him. One major theme of this date was all the crying. Desiree cried because she loves her family so much and Catherine cried because of her relationship with her father (I felt so bad she was talking about it on camera because I wouldn't have been able to). The date was so fun and carefree and then the one-on-one times turned into therapy sessions. Props to Sean for comforting all of them. Props to them for being comforted by Sean. Biggest props of all goes to Lindsay for stepping out of the limo in a wedding dress and getting the first rose into the final four. This girl is a champ regardless of what happens next.

Lesley's one-on-one was a boring date, plain and simple. They wandered around a garden. I mean that's cool except that it's nothing compared to the other girls' dates. I've said Lesley is my favorite from the beginning, and I realized it's because she handles it how I would. I wouldn't be able to drone on and on about my feelings when I watch him date other girls in front of me. Expecially not in front of cameras! I get that's the nature of the game, but I couldn't form a real connection in that situation. At least I don't think I could. I knew by the end of the date she was going home just because she wasn't forcing it.

Then all the DRAMA broke out. Tierra owes AshLee an apology and she needs to give it at the WTA. I could rehash why I was borderline infuriated with every word out of her mouth, but there's no point. The girl is immature and loves drama, bottom line. I hope she watches the show and is ashamed of how she acted. Sean came in on the fight and ended up sending Tierra home from her cot in the living room, which I thought was fitting.

Sean's sister was there to help with his Tierra problems, and I was super excited to see her! I'm such a fan of her blog. I get how nerdy that sounds, but it's true. I read it all the time.

Then comes the rose ceremony and Lesley goes home. I'm really sad about it, but I understand.

Next week: Hometowns! Desiree's brother looks like a total jerk, so I'm pumped after all her talk about their close knit family.

Later.

No comments: