Saturday, February 9, 2013

Whoops...

Sometimes I write blog posts and forget to actually publish them. This is why you just got a post about The Bachelor from a week ago. My apologies.

First I wanted to share a recipe. I cook every single day and have found some great ones, but I always forget to share them.

Broccoli Quinoa Casserole

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and made it my own. First of all, I cut down the ingredients to only make one portion size because I only make food for myself. I also left out the cheese and mayonnaise and used the recipe for "Cream of Anything Soup" the author includes at the bottom of the first recipe. I added spinach to the recipe, as well. It was delicious. I love finding recipes on Pinterest, but I rarely make them exactly like the recipe says. I'm an experimenter. Actually, I'm cheap and I like to use what I have on hand when I get the opportunity.

I also made some stuffed peppers the other night, which are pretty self explanatory and can be made with any ingredients. They were really good, so I'm recommending you check out some Pinterest recipes.

I finished the Virgin Diet and now I'm gluten and dairy free! The gluten part is pretty minor. I just feel better and feel like I have more energy now. When I get my hands on dairy, though, I know it pretty quickly. A few days ago the Starbucks guy called out my drink order but handed me the wrong drink (an obvious talent). I knew it was wrong as soon as I tasted it, and he righted the wrong, but that tiny sip of milk was enough to tie my stomach in knots. I feel so much better since I've been off dairy. I don't even miss cheese. How weird is that?

Y'all know I bake all the time, so that has been my biggest problem. I've been staying away from sugar as much as I can Whole Foods saved the day with their dairy-free chocolate chips, gluten free baking products, and sugar substitutes so I don't have to miss the baking! It's kind of pricey though so I have to use my brain and not my stomach for such purchases.

I just found some GF DF chocolate cake recipes, so get ready to see those soon enough.


It's Complicated is coming on tonight, so that's where I'll be if you need me. I can't pass up John and Alec together. Add Meryl and it's really the perfect storm.

FAVORITE PART!!

No comments: