Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting in the swing of things.

Hello all. It's Monday! It's also Day 4 of my challenge. I've been without gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, corn, and sugar/artificial sweetener. I would be lying to you if I acted like I wasn't dying to eat a giant candy bar or block of cheese right now, but I'm managing. The first week of cravings is supposed to be the hardest so I'm just pushing for that right now. I also found some coconut milk ice cream that helps fight my dessert and dairy cravings. It's not Baskin Robbins, but it's better than nothing! Little victories! I've been trying to find new recipes that abide by all my rules, but I haven't made anything that was just outstanding. Good thing I have 17 more days to try things!

I've been trying to get going on class again, and today was great progress. I ordered all my overpriced books, and I'm going to need them to come in soon since I waited too long to order them. I probably should have done that weeks ago. I won't bore you with what else I did.

I finally went for a run this morning and it was glorious. I hate running with a passion, but it's hard to think about yourself when you're watching the sun come up over the ocean. I'm all for religious freedom, though I'll never understand how someone can doubt the existence of a deity with sights like that. Also, can someone tell me why it's 80 degrees here? This is January. I refuse to wear shorts in January!

The Golden Globes were baller last night. I don't know why Tina Fey and Amy Poehler aren't hosting everything. NBC did something right! Who knew that was possible? My favorite looks were Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Garner, Hayden Panettiere, Sarah Hyland, and Michelle Dockery. Jennifer Lawrence is becoming one of my favorite people in life. She's so down to earth and hilarious. I hope she really is dating Bradley Cooper.

The Bachelor episode 2 is tonight, and I might come back here tonight to air out my opinions. The first episode was too many people for me to keep straight, but I'm sure I'll have something to say tonight! (Team Kacie!)


No comments: