Monday, September 19, 2011

10 Day Challenge - Day 6


     Narrowing down my favorite foods to five is a crime. 

1. Chocolate. This is one of my favorite things in life. Like seriously. I would pick chocolate over most people. I eat a Hershey bar for breakfast at least once a week. As a child I would literally have to hide it away and eat it in secret because it would always turn me into a crazy maniac. Real talk. It would only take one Hershey kiss for the people around me to be in severe danger. My mother always left strict instructions with the school not to let me eat it because I would end up attacking another child or destroying the classroom. Teachers never paid enough attention so I usually could get to it anyway. Once I threw my Nana's cat across the room. Ask my family, I'm not making this up. Anyway, I always get some sort of chocolate if I'm having dessert and if I get really pissed about something, I'll buy a king size Hershey and eat it in like a minute. One day I will go to the Hershey plant and they will hire me as a tester because I know what I'm talking about. It's God's gift to me, I know it. 


2. Chicken Fingers. As many of these as I have eaten, I should be a chicken finger. I'm that girl that orders chicken fingers at a steakhouse. I can't help it. I love them. My favorites are Zaxby's, DQ, and O'Charley's. Add some ranch and let's make it a party. 


3. Fried Okra. I'm a typical Southern girl and will eat anything fried. When I was little I ate my Nana's homemade fried okra everyday during the summer. My Grandpa hates okra but he still gives me my own row in the garden because I love it so much. Kathy made it for me a lot this summer because I was at home a lot. We never have leftovers. 


4. Mexican food. I could eat Mexican food multiple times a day. I don't know what it is, but I love it. I especially love Los Mexicanos in Oxford, AL because it is so delicious. As a child, we went there twice a week. They know my family by name. I keep trying to talk them into getting a place in Tuscaloosa, but they don't seem interested. 

5. Pizza. I'm always up for pizza. My favorites are Mata's (in Anniston), Hungry Howie's, and Pizza Hut. I make homemade pizza at least once a week. Lately I've been making it on pita bread and it is delicious. I've been playing around with different ingredients the last few months, and I honestly haven't been disappointed. In Queenstown I ate a pizza at Winnie's that had spinach, pumpkin, olives, red capsicums, toasted almonds and feta (see the pic below). I didn't even think I liked pumpkin, but it was excellent. I'm also a sucker for pizza rolls. I swear I eat them three times a week. Sometimes I pair them with a salad to help my case, but I dare you to find a quicker meal that's better than pizza rolls with ranch dressing. 



Thanks, Challenge, now I'm starving. 

No comments: