Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Day in the Life

Today was a hard day. I think my body knew what was coming and did not want to get out of bed. Watching Will and Grace has really become my downfall because I just want to keep watching. I drove all the way to Spanish class which ended up being horrible. None of us understand the tenses we're learning and when to use them so it's really frustrating to keep trying to do examples over and over for two hours. I for real thought I was going to die in that classroom. I could see my phone going off in my purse and couldn't answer which was pretty much first world torture. Linda taught us all about religion in Spain and Mexico by reading an article in Spanish for 10 minutes. I debated jumping out the window to just end my misery. Linda did help us out by moving back the test by one day so I decided to take the night off from all things Espanol.

I drive home and finally get to work and start calling people AGAIN. I don't know if I've mentioned my job and I'm too lazy to look back, so here are the details. I'm working for Kathy at Sunny King Toyota as a receptionist between 5 and whatever time the salespeople decide to go home. Between 2-5 though, I have a giant list of like 250 people that I cold call to try to get them to come in and trade up to a newer model car. The way the incentives are right now, these people are qualified to trade in their current car for a brand new model and pay less on their monthly payments, but no one wants to do that. I have been calling and leaving messages and no one is ever fully interested. They want to hear more about it but they don't want to make appointments or do anything that requires a commitment. This isn't marriage. It's a new car. Get it together. It's been so frustrating to call them all repeatedly until I get responses and for none of them to be interested. I called Megan today from my hibernation chamber because I was really at the end of my rope. She helped me get my life together and I called more people.

When I left the office and went in the showroom, my boss told me I was doing a good job and getting more leads than they expected. Also 2 people called and actually want to buy!! It's pretty much like God knew I needed something or I was going to lose my mind. One of the ladies is supposed to come in tomorrow. Hello commission, hello Justin Bieber tickets!! 

Then I went and ate dinner with Megan and we popped some champagne to celebrate her NEW JOB and my commission (that I don't have yet but omg don't judge me)! We ended up watching the Braves lose and griping about the state of our personal lives while we finished the bottle ("We have to finish it because we don't have the cork"- Megan). The main point of our griping was some major advice for guys: If a girl seems like she likes you, she does. Get it together. 

I got home and my parents were watching Pretty Little Liars without me so now I'm behind and I'm currently typing this in the igloo while wearing winter clothes. Did they not use insulation down here?

Oh also, there is most definitely an animal outside my window clawing on something and I feel like Harry Potter in Prisoner of Azkaban. Sirius? Is that you? 

No comments: